Talbot St, Norseman
Pat Hogan was running the drive-in when it closed, and he went
back into other pursuits.
Then he bought a deceased estate and decided to use the
billiard hall behind the shop on the south-west corner of Talbot and Robert Sts
as a picture show. He built a bio-box, put in tiered seats, and brought it up to
government regulations in every way. He re-established contacts in the business
and through them found out where equipment was available, and so he bought
projectors and seats and a screen, mostly from demolished cinemas, all very old.
The projector heads are vintage 1927 and 1928, fireboxes 1932 and 1934, and
other parts were made up by technical people in Perth.
In 1997 he screened about once a month, more from love of the
business than out of a desire for profit.
Informant: Pat Hogan (1997)
1 exterior, colour, 1997, Graeme Bertrand Link to image